The Spa and Sauna Company cares about the environment and supports all efforts to create a healthier environment and conserve the planet’s resources. We do this by creating and following best Green business practices and sell products that are eco-friendly and energy-efficient. We search for and support vendors that care about the environment and also practice best Green practices. Here are several things we do at Spa and Sauna Company to support the environment by reducing our footprint.
Spa and Sauna Company's Green philosophies and best business practices :
- Conserve resources by reducing water and energy consumption by selling the best energy-efficient and eco-friendly spas, saunas, and swim spas on the market.
- Offer and sell to our customers the best available Green water-care products and accessories.
- Follow best Green business practices in our everyday operations to conserve resources by paying attention to our energy usage, paperless marketing, and recycling efforts.
- Educate customers and our employees on how to be Green at home, as well as at work.
- Support several Green initiatives whenever possible, such as World Wildlife Federation, Sustainable Business Network and Public Land Trusts.
Spa and Sauna Company only offers products that are eco-friendly and minimizes water waste during the hot tub refurbishing process.
Hot Spring® manufactures the most energy-efficient spas:
- Design minimizes heat loss by pulling heat from the pump and heater and insulating it with multiple-layer, high-density foam within the cabinet and a custom-fit cover.
- Low-amp SilentFlo 5000® circulation pump provides 24-hour filtration while using less energy to operate than a 75-watt light bulb.
- Water is maintained at a constant temperature, eliminating expensive heating and cooling cycles.
- EverFresh® system, ozone, and CareFree™ Silver Ion filters are eco-friendly water care systems that keep water cleaner for a longer duration and reduce the need for harsh chemicals.
- 100% no-bypass filtration, means that all the water passes through multiple filters before returning to the spa.
With these Earth Smart™, Energy Smart™ spas, you will conserve energy and water, and save money while protecting the environment:
- A whirlpool or jetted tub used twice a week for 6 months requires 16 times the water of the Hot Spring Spas Vanguard model.
- Other spa brands recommend draining and refilling every 50-90 days while Hot Springs Spas offer the option of draining just twice a year.
- Hot Spring Spas operate using 30-50% less energy than a typical hot tub.
Hot Spring Spas are built in the most energy-efficient manufacturing facility by Watkins Manufacturing, making Hot Spring Spas the most energy-efficient hot tubs on the market today. During 2007 and 2008, Watkins Manufacturing reduced their energy use by 1.3 million kWh, 156,000 therms of natural gas, and 1 million gallons of water. Watkins Manufacturing implements a “Think Green” energy-saving program that won them the Energy Efficiency category at California’s Flex Your Power Awards.
Finnleo® only uses materials that come from Green-friendly sources and ensures that their products are safe for the environment. Helo:
- Produces energy-efficient products, most of which are available in 120 volt, compared to the more energy consuming 220/240 volt.
- Produces environmentally safe products: no VOC emissions and minimal EMF emissions.
- Follows standards that earned them a Lloyds Register of London Quality Assurance Certificate for Environmental Management Systems.
- Procures their timber primarily from the U.S., Canada, and Scandinavia—world leaders in timber harvest ecology.